Are your sagging breasts making you feel self-conscious? Are you unable to wear tight tops and beautiful dresses like you wish you could? Unfortunately, push-up bras, exercise routines, and other methods are not very useful for lifting drooping breasts.
Sagging breasts can make any woman feel conscious to wear tight clothing in public, whether it’s to the office, the gym, or just about anywhere else. Breast-lifting creams, lotions, serums, and medications don’t really help to lift sagging breasts.
A Breast Lift: Your Solution for Drooping Breasts
A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a type of surgical cosmetic procedure performed to help change the shape and position of your breasts. In a breast lift, excess skin is removed and the breast tissues are reshaped and repositioned to raise the breasts.
If your breasts are sagging or your nipples are pointing downward, a breast-lift surgery might be the ideal plastic surgery for you. A breast-lift surgery will allow you to finally wear those clothes that you’ve always wanted to.
A breast lift won’t make your breasts bigger. However, you can get a breast lift in combination with a breast-augmentation surgery to make your breasts larger and perkier.
Why Do Breasts Sag and Change Shape?
As you grow older, the shape of your breasts changes. They lose their elasticity and firmness. There are many causes for all the changes that your breasts undergo, including:
- Pregnancy – During pregnancy, the ligaments that support the breasts might stretch as the breasts naturally get larger and heavier. This stretching might contribute to the sagging of the breasts after pregnancy, regardless of whether or not the baby is breastfed.
- Weight fluctuations – Changes in a person’s weight can cause the breast skin to stretch, sag, and lose its elasticity.
- Gravity – Over time, gravity can cause the ligaments in the breasts to sag and stretch.
Why Do Women Come In for a Breast Lift?
There are a number of reasons why a woman might want to undergo breast-lift surgery. It can reduce the sagging of the breasts and raise the position of the nipples and areolae. Dr. Glassman may adjust the size and position of the areolae during the breast lift to make sure they’re in proportion with the newly shaped breasts.
You might consider getting a breast lift done in the following circumstances:
- If your breasts have lost their shape and have become flatter and longer
- If the nipples fall below your breast creases when your breasts are unsupported
- If your nipples and areolae point downwards
- If your areolae are out of proportion compared to your breasts
- If one of your breasts is positioned lower than the other
Contact Us for Your Consultation
The breast lift can make a major difference when it comes to combating sagging and making breasts look more youthful. Dr. Lawrence Glassman, a board-certified plastic surgeon, has years of experience when it comes to breast surgery and numerous other procedures. Contact us today to set up your consultation at our office.