Most of us are not completely happy with the way we look, whether it’s because of our eyes, our nose, our lips, our jawline, or our cheekbones. In many cases, people are unhappy about the look and shape of their nose. Either it’s too long, too round, too wide, or asymmetrical. Whatever the reason, the look of their nose bothers them a great deal.
If you are someone who wasn’t blessed with the best nose and wants one that better fits your face, then rhinoplasty surgery could be the answer to your prayers.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a type of plastic surgery that can help change the shape, size, and contours of your nose and make it look more aesthetically pleasing. It can also be used to improve nasal functionality in cases of breathing difficulties.
This procedure can be used to make smaller or bigger changes to your nose depending on your needs. If you are not happy with the shape and appearance of your nose and want it to better match the rest of your face and improve your overall look, then rhinoplasty surgery may be for you.
What Can It Help Achieve?
Rhinoplasty surgery can help enhance your facial harmony and improve the proportions, shape, and contours of your nose. It can correct numerous nasal issues:
• It can help change the size of your nose in relation to the rest of your face in order to achieve proper facial balance.
• It can correct a round or wide tip to make it look sharper and smaller.
• It can correct a nasal tip that is hooked, drooping, or upturned.
• It can sharpen the bridge of the nose and make it narrower.
• It can change the size and proportions of the nostrils. Nostrils that are too big, too small, too wide, or upturned can all be corrected.
• It can help correct deformities of the nose like visible bumps, humps, or depressions on the bridge of the nose.
• It can help the patient achieve better nasal asymmetry overall.
• It can correct functional defects in the nose like a deviated septum and any other structural defects that cause impaired breathing. This can improve a patient’s quality of life.
Come in for an Informative Consultation
If you’re thinking of getting rhinoplasty, learning more about the procedure is the best way to prepare yourself. It’s important to speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon to find out more.
Contact our office to arrange an informative consultation with Dr. Lawrence Glassman, a highly skilled board-certified plastic surgeon with numerous satisfied patients. Dr. Glassman will examine your nose and ask you about the aspects of it that you would like to change. He will learn about your aesthetic and functional needs and goals in order to plan out the procedure.
During this consultation, the two of you will go over your medical history in order to ensure that the procedure is the right option. You will be able to ask any questions you may have and will have access to before-and-after photos of previous rhinoplasty patients.