Lawrence S. Glassman MD, FACS
Lawrence S. Glassman MD, FACS brings knowledge and expertise from the top hospitals and institutions in our country. He graduated from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 1978 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society. He was also elected into The Johns Hopkins University Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1975. Dr. Glassman obtained his surgical training at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and further specialized in Plastic Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and plays an active role in teaching plastic surgeons the advanced techniques of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Glassman has authored as well as reviewed articles for publications in various medical journals.
Dr. Lawrence S. Glassman has been performing Plastic Surgery for over 20 years. He is director of a certified Ambulatory Plastic Surgery Facility and is an inspector for the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.
Dr Glassman’s philosophy of plastic surgery is the emphasis on a natural appearance. He states, “Patients want to look better not different. The goal of plastic surgery is to enhance a patient’s appearance in a natural way.”
Dr. Glassman has been working hard this past year collecting the first ever 200 question comprehensive examination devoted only to Aesthetic and Breast Surgery. This examination will be available worldwide. As chair of the task force creating this examination, Dr. Glassman states, “the mission of this examination is to promote patient safety and encourage all Plastic Surgeons to be up to date in the most effective surgical and nonsurgical techniques. It will be structured as a self-assessment tool and will be called the “Life-Long Learning Exercise in Aesthetic Surgery.
For the past 5 years, Dr. Lawrence S. Glassman has been chair of the Cosmetic and Breast subcommittee for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons In-Service Examination. All young Plastic Surgeons are required to take this exam yearly. Thousands of Plastic Surgeons in practice also take this examination to stay current in the best practices for safe and effective Plastic Surgery. Dr. Glassman has recently accepted the position of Overall Chair for this examination which will cover the entire spectrum of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Glassman strongly believes that staying current is the best path to providing expert Plastic Surgery care in a safe and effective manner.
“My goal is to keep our Plastic Surgeons up-to date and our patients safe.”
– Dr. Glassman
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Member American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Member New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member New York State Medical Society
- Rockland County Medical Society
- Committee Chair of Cosmetic and Breast Surgery examination for American Society of Plastic Surgeons Inservice Examination
- Overall Chair of the American Society Of Plastic Surgeons In-Service Examination
- Committee Chair of the Life-Long Learning Exercise in Aesthetic Surgery